Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Photo Update

Survived another night on the sleeper train arriving in Jaisalmer at 5:30am.

As promised here is a small selection of the sights I have described in previous posts. Enjoy.


Sweepers at the Amber Fort, Jaipur, having a break in the warm morning sun.


















Traditional Rajasthani dancers perform in an old havali in Udaipur















A row of auto-rickshores awaiting custom near the Mehrangarh Fort in Jodhpur, my driver keen to be in the shot













By request a photo that didn't make the original due to time constraints. Here you can see me modelling my stylish bandana come face scarf, a must in the polluted side streets, and my little beard, now 9 days strong.

By the way I'm standing outside the Royal Cenotaph on Jodhpur, in the background you can see the Mehrangarh Fort.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am enjoying this trip thru india thank you for putting the time in to keep us updated

Anonymous said...

Great pictures. but how do we know you are really in this so called place 'India'- maybe it would be more believable if you super-imposed yourself in the forefront!!FREAK!

Look forward to the next installmement.

P.s mum wants to see you in your caftan that youve been raving about!
Thanks

Anonymous said...

Very stylish beard...

we all expect a full and manly one when you get back!